Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Last Dance

Here are some pictures from the VC Ball we attended yesterday. I am still trying to perfect the "aged" photo look with my computer program. It's harder than it looks!
In attempts to make my part easier I decided to wear a dress from the last ball. But it was impossible for me obstain from making something, so I made some men's clothing instead for MT and JB. I made MT's wool gabardine overcoat, vest, collar, and supplied his hat and shoes (both vintage). I also made JB's black vest and gold paisley silk Osbladestone tie. I showed MT how to use my sewing machine and he made himself the red Ascot tie. He was one the most distinguished gentlemen there - the talk of the town! I thought we were walking tourists attractions last time, but this was more like a "walk back in time".

The pictures that I have aged were taken at the Fairweather Inn in Virginia City.
Besides the extreme heat (inside and out) and the affects of staying up late the night before, it was one of the best balls yet.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of you and MT and also the blurry one of him with the Pepsi machine and plastic trash can in the background. It seems kind of funny seeing the two eras next to each other. And of course, I like the profile of MT, but that is because I like his large, well-shaped nose. Did he pack his gun and keep the dancing lively?!

How did you hold up under the heat? It gets hot over there. It would be hard not being one of those fainters that needs her corset strings cut and a cold can of pop from that Pepsi machine!

Maria Tusken said...

I barely held up. My corset is actually very comfortable, but it was that taffeta gown that got me. It was like wearing plastic. All for the sake of beauty....