Sunday, April 27, 2008

All In A Hard Day's Leisure











Somewhere in between sitting in bed reading, playing badminton, laying on the delicious grass, and drinking coffee, I managed to put together the remaining elements of my bonnet today. I spent far too much time trying to decide how to decorate it. I had planned on using a large bunch of feathers and a flower, but wound up omitting the flower, tearing apart the feathers, and arranging them delicately on either side. I also committed the ultimate sin of using the glue gun. Hopefully the hot June weather won't melt it while I walk down the streets of Virginia City.

As you may have noticed, the bonnet goes with the day dress that I have pictured a few posts back. If you look at the ensemble from a small distance it looks quite authentic!

When I feel up to the task of putting on this gown, I will relieve Victoria (my mannequin) of its weight and have some pictures taken. In the meantime I will leave her clothed and ready to frighten me whenever I happen to wake up the night.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Wickland said...

Maria, your work is beautiful! I had no idea you sewed like this! It is stunning and I am excited to see more of your creations!