Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Head Start






It is once again time to begin my gown for the first ball of the year (in June). This will be the third year that my friend and I have been attending the Civil War balls in Virginia City. We look forward to them so much that we begin designing our gowns far in advance simply because we love to feel like we're in a different era for a few days every year ( we would probably do it more often if we could!).

This year I am drawing my inspiration from the three fashion plates above. The two yellow gowns and the white and blue one on the right of the center plate mainly. The fabric is a light periwinkle satin, and I am going to trim it with light peach lace.

Yes, we may be a little crazy, but this is what we love doing.

I will keep you updated on my progress, and I hope to have some photos soon.

No comments: